Saturday, February 26, 2011

I think I'm going to need another fridge....

The juice feast doesn't start until Tuesday, but I'm doing my big grocery shopping trip tomorrow.  Aside from food for the girls and Todd, this is what I've got on my list...does it sound like enough to get me through the first 5 days of juicing?

4 heads of celery
12 cucumbers
4 bags of leafy greens
4 bags of apples (about 10-12 apples in each bag I think)
4 bags of carrots
12 lemons/limes
2 bags of oranges
2 bags each of red and green grapes
2 pineapples
12 pears
12 grapefruit
2 each of honeydew and canteloupe
2 each of different colored bell peppers
1 head each of red and green cabbage
12 tomatoes

If I run out of anything early, I will go shopping on Friday or Saturday night, because Todd doesn't have work or classes then.

3 comments:

  1. Well, it doesn't ALL have to be stored in the fridge... :)

    The only thing that really jumped out at me was, maybe pick up a few more pineapple? I know you really loved pineapple juice (me too!) and so it would be great to not have to limit that one on your first week. Another benefit - pineapple can be stored on the counter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so what DOES have to be stored in the fridge? And, alternatively, if I had a big plastic storage tub under the kitchen counter, what could be kept in there? Apples, I assume, can be kept in a cool, dry place, but I don't know about the rest, and pretty much all vegetables need to be refridgerated, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apples, carrots, lemons, oranges, pineapple, pears, grapefruit, melons, and tomatoes can all be stored out of the fridge.

    ReplyDelete