Monday, February 28, 2011

Wait a minute! I haven't STARTED yet....

Feeling very out of sorts today.  I haven't been getting enough sleep, so I'm tired, crabby, weak and have a headache.  Sounds like the beginning symptoms of juice cleansing to me!  But wait, it starts tomorrow

I'm sure that I will lose some weight, in fact, gobs and gobs of it, I hope.  So today I stepped on the scale for the first time since they made me do it during my prenatal checks over a year ago.  Do I have to say the awful number?  I suppose I do.  I weigh 280 big ones.  Ouch.

I also did some web surfing last night (one of the reasons for this hung-over feeling today) and found a very informative and motivational website: http://www.juicefasting.org/  They are very pro-raw food as well.  One thing I loved about their site was an approximation of the "stages" of cleansing your body goes through on a juice feast, like, "From day 3 to day 7 you'll probably be feeling..."  I will probably read that every day.  They pretty much stick to recommending a 30-day fast, though.  To get me past 30 days, I will probably need Angela's book, which I have yet to order...

1 comment:

  1. I’m excited for you to begin! Do you know what your first juice is going to be?

    One thing I remember reading on the forums from my fast: a notable number of participants reported some giant obstacle within the first day or two. Almost like the universe was testing them…do you really mean to go through with this? Like needing surgery at the last minute. Surprise visit from the in-laws. Getting locked out of the house for 10 hours and unable to eat/drink during that time at all. Etc. It seemed pretty common for *some* really great excuse to pop up within the first few days of the fast. So be on the lookout for that. :)

    ReplyDelete